Flourish Events is currently looking for an Events Marketing intern to focus primarily on a large scale events and promotion that will be taking place during Fall 2016. This intern will work on all day-to-day tasks as they relate to the production and execution of this event. They will work closely with the Director of Flourish Events and gain valuable experience as it relates to all events’ concepting, planning, management, and execution. Additionally, exposure to and assistance with, PR, Marketing and Social Media Management tasks, as they relate to events, will be an additional focus.
What You Will Learn:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of Flourish Events, including facets of event management for a regional summit, ethics in action award dinner, luxury real estate event and a higher education event
- Participate in concept and planning meetings, as scheduled
- Work with vendors to secure event or promotional needs, as directed
- Help set-up, attend and work events, as needed
What We Require:
- Background in marketing, event planning or other related discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a team-centric, can-do attitude
- Organizational skills are a must, with an ability to prioritize your time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Up to 20 hours a week, with hours flexible based on intern’s class schedule. Schedule will change based on Flourish Events’ calendar and the needs related to the upcoming event. Weekend and/or after-business hours may be scheduled as needed.
- Access to and ability to drive a vehicle, with current driver’s license and auto insurance
- A personal laptop for use during internship
The part-time internship runs from September to December, and will be stationed out of Flourish’s office, located at 101 College Street, Suite 2B, in Greenville, SC. While it is an unpaid position, we will assist you in receiving course credit for applicable classes and all work-related mileage will be reimbursed.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Katie Jordan, Director of Flourish Events, at email@example.com.
Founded in 2009, Flourish (www.startflourishing.com) is an award-winning integrated communications firm based in Greenville, South Carolina, whose portfolio of clientele and campaigns includes national, regional, and local brand partners spanning more than a dozen different industries. In 2013, Flourish formed Flourish Events (www.aflourishevent.com), a sister division devoted to special event planning.